In this Year of Faith and in anticipation of St. Jeanne Jugan’s Feast day on August 30th, we are holding many special Jeanne Jugan events during the entire month of August. A Jeanne Jugan Museum has been set up near the main entrance (the Gift Shop Room) of our Home. We hope that you will have an opportunity to stop by and visit.
The museum is full of information about St. Jeanne Jugan’s life, artifacts from her canonization, complimentary prayer cards and medals. One of the priceless treasures on display is a miniature version of St. Jeanne Jugan’s original home in Cancale, France!This model was lovingly handcrafted by Mr. Richard Wilke, a Resident of St. Joseph’s Home, in 1979.
The creation of the Museum was a collaboration of Little Sisters, volunteers, and staff that designed the space and gathered the artifacts for exhibit. As the month continues, more pieces will be added to the display so be sure to come and check it out a few times before the end of the month!
There are many other special events planned for the month of August.Below is a just a few of the events (please check our calendar page for more information):
- Every day at 12:55 p.m. in the Chapel, we will gather around the St. Jeanne Jugan’s Statue and pray the novena prayer.
- Every Sunday in the Chapel, there will be a St. Jeanne Jugan Holy Hour from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Every day at noon, Sr. Amy will present a “Walk with St. Jeanne Jugan” on the 2nd floor
- On Tuesday August 27th at 2:30 p.m. in the Chapel, we will have a Prayer Service in Honor of St. Jeanne Jugan.
- There will be Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and a St. Jeanne Jugan Holy Hour on Thursday August, 29th at 4:30 p.m.
The culmination of the celebrations will be a Mass on St. Jeanne Jugan’s Feast Day, Friday, August 30th at 10:30 a.m.Celebrating the Mass is our dear friend, Fr. William DeSalvo of St. Isaac Jogues Parish in Hinsdale.Please join us if you can!
Wrapping up the month long festivities, will be a French Dinner prepared for our Residents following Mass on the 30th and an Ice Cream Social later in the afternoon.
Leave a Reply