Veterans Day Celebration
On Monday November 12, employees from Loberg Construction observed Veterans Day with a morning of volunteering at Little Sisters of the Poor in Palatine, IL. The team of volunteers served a delicious lunch, and visited with the veterans living and volunteering there.
Honored attendees were:
- Bob Guretz, Air Force who served in Tampa, FL during the Cuban Missile Crisis
- Bob Yarbrough, Army who served in the 60’s
- Elrita Wolf attended on behalf of Jack Wolf, Navy who served in WWII
- Tom Schurr, Navy, who served stateside from 1955 to 1957
- Jim Hahn, (94 years old) Navy, who was drafted at the age of 18, served during WWII in the Aleutian Islands under the Japanese, and ended up in Okinowa
- Sargent June Enzenbacher (95 years old), Marines, served in Paris Island, SC from 11/1943 – 2/1946
Dessert consisted of fabulous pies, coffee and tea.
Ernest William Loberg was a World War II Veteran in the U.S. Navy and founded Loberg Construction in 1972. Today, the General Contracting firm is owned by John Loberg and is continuing its legacy as an American family business. Loberg Construction is committed to serving the local Veteran community through volunteering and fundraising efforts.