Here ye, Here ye, Let us, let us welcome our distinguished 2015 Mardi Gras court:
1. Joann, Mother of the Queen, Princess and Keeper of the Beautiful Flowers and Bows.
Known for her prayerful thoughtfulness.
2. Catherine, Countess of Georgia and Keeper of the Peaches. Known for her love of painting on wine glasses,
and playing Pinochle among other games. Always eats a peach for breakfast.
3. Janny, Baroness from South Africa. Known for having her royal palace highly decorated for all holidays.
4. George, the Royal Dragon Slayer. Defends the Royal Palace from our most feared dragons!
5. Terry, Dutchess of Palatine and Overseer of Pure Water. This Dutchess is the newest member of the Royal Court.
6. Princess June, only daughter of the King and Queen of Palatine, and Keeper of the Official Library.
Known for her beauty and youthful spirit.
7. Queen El, the beautiful and gracious Queen of Palatine, and the reigning Queen of Mardi Gras 2015.
Known for her smile and gentle way. Long live the Queen! Hail, Hail, Long live the Queen!
8. King Jack, the gentle-hearted King of Palatine and reigning King of Mardi Gras 2015.
Known for bringing Christianity to his country. Long live the King!
Hail, Hail, Long live the King!
Once the Royal Court was acknowledged, it was time for some fun. We each rolled a die. If our number matched the roll of a member of the Royal Court OR a designated Little Sister, we received as many bingo chips as the number on the die. At one point a few of us didn’t have any dice that matched, so we were given a gift of six chips. In the end, Betty had the most chips – 29, and won a rather nice prize! Following that game, we made a circle in the center of the room and did the Hokey Pokey. That was a warm-up to another game of Hot Potato. Theresa won that game and was all smiles when she received her prize. To finish off the party, we were all treated to root beer floats. We knew we needed to celebrate because the next day would bring our start to Lent!